drewjetpilot

I'm New Here
Hello,
New to Vans AF, New to RV-10 and new to Garmin GX3. On T/O it certainly appears that the AoA pitch limit warning is far too conservative. A nuisance on T/O. It's can be a great resource and I'd prefer to get it sorted as apposed to just turning it off. I'm curious if these number look correct and how to get this dialed in

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been covered.

Attachments

• IMG_2667.jpeg
    IMG_2667.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:
There’s no way to adjust it as such. You need to perhaps re calibrate it by flying the calibration procedure.
Mine will chirp on takeoff occasionally. But it’s not something that I tend to worry about.
While you’re at it, if it’s a new to you airplane and the airframe is a few years old it’s possible that the airframe was only ever calibrated for flaps up. Not down as well. As that’s a relatively new G3X feature.

There’s no way to adjust it as such. You need to perhaps re calibrate it by flying the calibration procedure.
Mine will chirp on takeoff occasionally. But it’s not something that I tend to worry about.
While you’re at it, if it’s a new to you airplane and the airframe is a few years old it’s possible that the airframe was only ever calibrated for flaps up. Not down as well. As that’s a relatively new G3X feature.
Personally, I want it to chirp anytime it's close to stall - regardless of the phase of flight. It's how I have my 9A set up, I'm building a 10 now and it will be the same. If I'm in that flight regime intentionally I'll "take it under advisement" - but I still want the warning. One day I may get the warning when it's unexpected - and that's what it is there for.

My 14 chirps on take-off and a good reminder to retrim and if I get an engine failure aggressively need to push on the stick. Don't turn off! Although I may never know got the chirp on take-off and then hit by a very strong wind shear, glad I was pushing and retrimming.

Last edited:
In addition to recalibrating, there are also airspeed-related configuration settings you can adjust, if you scroll to the Settings tab.

After an air calibration, no flaps, then flaps, the occasional chirp is now welcomed.

Adjust the airspeed limit. I put mine at 90kts . On take off aoa will not activate till 90kts and there after will be available below 90kt. The limit is a trigger to start. I found this info from a friend and I dont think it is in the manual. I have no beeps on take off and it works till 40kts on landing.

Last edited:
Adjust the airspeed limit. I put mine at 90kts . On take off aoa will not activate till 90kts and there after will be available below 90kt. The limit is a trigger to start. I found this info from a friend and I dont think it is in the manual. I have no beeps on take off and it works till 40kts on landing.
That leaves you exposed to a departure stall scenario without AOA notice.

Adjust the airspeed limit. [...] The limit is a trigger to start. I found this info from a friend and I dont think it is in the manual.
FYI, the AOA Configuration page is described in section 30.4.9 of the current G3X installation manual (revision AV).