CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
I am trying to figure out if I can use the Ray Allen POS-12 to meet my needs. It is not addressed in either the VPX or the AFS EFIS documentation. I know the AOA Flap switch is not needed if you use a position sensor (POS-12). But generally this is connected to the VPX for flap positioning. So can the AFS EFIS read the flap position that way (via the VPX Serial) or can the POS-12 signal lead be connected to both the EFIS and the VPX? If not, I assume I would have to wire up a second POS-12 or flap switch so both VPX and EFIS can handle the flap information properly.

Pos-12 to VP-X

Aerotronics did my panel. The POS-12 goes to the VP-X. The VP-X displays the info on the EFIS. Not tested yet but I have confidence.

Mine does. The AOA 'donut' indicates flaps up or down, along with the AFS flap position indicator. I have the POS-12 wired to the VP-X only.

So you don't have the stock flap switch AFS provided, just the POS12 via the VPX?

Do you have AOA on more than one screen or just a single display?

Mark, Sorry, I have a VP100 and an AFS4500 with EFIS AOA, so I am not sure if mine is the same. That being said, I wired my POS12 to give position info to both the VP100 and the AFS4500. Works good for me.

Thanks, but I am looking for confirmation that if the POS-12 is connected to the VPX and the VPX is connected via Serial to the EFIS that this will still work. Those links talk about the POS connected to the EFIS itself

Also trying to determine if EFIS #1 is connected via serial to VPX, will EFIS #2 have the flap info it needs to be able to display there as well?

Mark,
I have only the POS-12 sensor, and did not install the microswitch from the AOA kit. The sensor is connected to the VP-X, and is sending the flap angle to the 4500 EFIS via the serial connection.

There's a setting in the AFS calibration menus where you tell it to use the flap angle sensor for AOA, instead of the switch.

Sorry, can't help with the multiple-screen thing, as I only have the first screen installed at present.

I had the same conversation with Marc awhile ago. I'm configured like Joshua. Hopefully, I'll be able to confirm the setup in December. I just need to get the RV-10 out of the paint shop.

bob