flyboy1963

Well Known Member
I'm getting lots of junk mail from Anywhere Map, as they've released 'Freedom' for iPad, iPhone, and Android devices. Looks like a decent product, for $80 a year, notwithstanding the shake out of IFR plates and charts that might be in the works. ( they once offered a lifetime subscription!)

I'm tempted to buy it just to try on my new iPhone, but appreciate if anyone has actually USED it in their RV, rather than just played with it in the office! :)

I like it...

I have been a loyal AnywhereMap user for many years. I liked the software, but never liked the platforms. I started with an HP PDA, moved to Dell, from there to the AnywhereMap Quadra (the worst of the bunch by far) and finally to the Freedom on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7"). I love it. The software is still new and does not have full functionality yet, but it is stable and fast. I use it with a Bluetooth-linked GPS receiver (velcroed to the top of the rollbar) so even with the tablet on the floor of my -4, I get good satellite reception and accurate GPS altitude. It is quite readable in a bright RV.

Good luck,

I have it on my Motorola Droid phone. Version 1.0.10 works quite well (1.0.6 was terrible). It functions quite close to the Anywhere Map on PDAs. However, it added sectional and lower altitude charts that overlap with the base map. On the ground (or while still have data service) you can download weather, TFR, etc. During my recent long cross country flights (6+ hrs) I used it for the entire flight. I used both sectional and low altitude charts (part of the flight was IFR in VMC). They are quite clear even on a cell phone. I have been using Pocket Plates and am looking forward to have approach plates on my phone.

I have life time subscriptions on Anywhere Map, Approach Plates, and 100LL so buying Freedom make sense to me.

I removed Dell PDA and replace it with my phone. The Bluetooth GPS works well with my phone.