49clipper

Well Known Member
Has anyone out there in the RV world tried the new anywhere map Duo unit? Or even the Cheetah 190FL. I would like to see a Cheetah 190 other than in a picture. If so, what is your opinion. Looks great. Since I now cannot update my 2000C, next year I may update to something like anywhere map, but on a larger screen.
Jim
RV-6
0-320

Currently use

the Flight Cheetah 190 in the Lance and the 210 in the RV-10 and other planes. Really like the software and the subscription prices. The 210 has as bright a screen as you can find anywhere -- the unit is about the same size as the Garmin 696. The packaging is not quite as snazzy, but the functions are as good if not better. The 190 we have in the Lance uses the older Samsung computer hardware, but is very flexible. I like the looks of the new 190 package and I am sure the function and support are very good.

I'm using the Anywhere Duo. Everything but XM weather. The thing flat out works!! It's intuitive and has tons of info. The Geo referenced approaches dramatically improve situational awareness during the most critical phase of IFR flight - the approach.

No need to carry all the current charts. I buy a set of WAC charts for flight planning/flight following/and back up. They are good for a long time. I rely on the duo for approach plates. I will buy a lifetime update subscription.

Great having an autonomous, battery backed up GPS. (I use a Garmin GNC300xl as the certified approach GPS and to drive the TT autopilot).

Sunlight readability could be better. That is my only gripe.

Only quickly compared it to some others and it seems that they are all comparable in price. Designed for real pilot use. It works!!

Last edited: