drmax

Well Known Member
...without the price tag? I'm sure this has been covered throughout some thread in here but can't find it. Would like a (no bigger than) 5" or 6" panel mount gps that I could link some sort of tcas type system and with availability of XM weather. Would use in a 6A, vfr, cross country. Thx for any suggestions...DM

The 796 would work for you but is pricey. I just picked up a used 696 for about a 1000 less then you can get a 796. It is almost a clone of the 375 in function and even looks. It will like the 796 take a data input to display traffic.

George

The 796 would work for you but is pricey. I just picked up a used 696 for about a 1000 less then you can get a 796. It is almost a clone of the 375 in function and even looks. It will like the 796 take a data input to display traffic.

George
cheaper when you can find a used one. good deal for you. the ifly 700 is a perfect price range, but i reckon you can't get traffic or weather on it. if/when i get my plane, ll hold off until i can get wut i want...

oh yes, can i couple an auto pilot to any of these units? that would be my next want...

cheaper when you can find a used one. good deal for you. the ifly 700 is a perfect price range, but i reckon you can't get traffic or weather on it. if/when i get my plane, ll hold off until i can get wut i want...

oh yes, can i couple an auto pilot to any of these units? that would be my next want...

My 696 drives a Tru Track autopilot with no problems. In fact the switch solved a small problem where my aircraft would about once every 20 minutes dip a wing about 20 degrees for no reason. There are a bunch of 696's offered on Ebay and someone has a ad for a nice one on here for 1700 a few days ago. It appeared to be a good price since it was essentially new in the box.

George