colmarjones

I'm New Here
You may not believe this, but my so-called aviation authority (Dutch CAA) will not approve the use of my just-delivered Prince p-tip propeller unless there is already an aircraft somewhere using this type with a 160 HP engine.
Can anyone help me identify any such aircraft ?
Thanks,
Colin Jones

Got one

I have the O 320 D2J with a Prince P tip prop . The engine is 160 HP on N908DR RV9 , Has about 200 hours on the 9 airframe with that engine prop combo. The engine and prop has approx 300 hours on a RV6 prior to going on my RV9.

Been running a p tip since 1993 have about 350 hours no issues

And it looks impressive!

stevegoldinprinceprop.jpg

Mine came from Springtown Tx!

I bought the O 320 D2J and Prince P tip from a RV6 guy there in Springtown, TX . Best I remember he upgraded to 180 HP and CS . Don't remember his name but can't be that many people in Springtown Tx with a Blue RV6 ! He had a grass (mosly dirt and rock) strip behind his house. Was just down the road from a cotton gin.

I have a Prince P-Tip on my 180 HP RV-6A with 610 hours on it. The prop had 125 hrs on it when I got it and, even with 735 total hours, it still looks almost new!

I always thought I wanted the metal 180 HP Sensenich (made for RV's) and had occasion to get one. After a careful performance evaluation, I put the P-Tip back on and sold the Sensenich because, on my airplane, the P-Tip outperformed the the Sensenich!

Hope this helps,

Prince Prop

I have over 500 hours on my RV-4 which has always had a 160hp 0-320 and a Prince prop. Several years ago I sent my Prince prop back to Mr. Prince and he altered it for me to give me several hundred more static rpm. He is a man of integrity who makes a fine product. If you need more details I will provide them.