nickw9815

I'm New Here
I'm looking at getting an engine + canopy cover for my RV6a. To be specific, Bruce's Canopy RV6-006.

Has anyone used something like this? Is it okay to install the cover right after the airplane is done flying? I am worried about the following:
  • High heat on the cover - I will call Bruce's Covers tomorrow to ask them about temp ratings
  • Not letting the engine air cool after a flight due to restricted flow
  • Having hot air get trapped under the canopy, and then traveling up to the canopy
I will probably be applying the cover 10-15 mins after engine shut down, and the engine is still very warm at this point and it has lots of thermal mass so it will take a while to dissipate.

I'm looking at getting an engine + canopy cover for my RV6a. To be specific, Bruce's Canopy RV6-006.

Has anyone used something like this? Is it okay to install the cover right after the airplane is done flying? I am worried about the following:
  • High heat on the cover - I will call Bruce's Covers tomorrow to ask them about temp ratings
  • Not letting the engine air cool after a flight due to restricted flow
  • Having hot air get trapped under the canopy, and then traveling up to the canopy
I will probably be applying the cover 10-15 mins after engine shut down, and the engine is still very warm at this point and it has lots of thermal mass so it will take a while to dissipate.
I do. In fact I use it in my hanger to protect the canopy of hanger dust and to enclose the cowling to keep God's little creatures great and small for getting into the engine. Don't strap in down when used in the hanger because no need to do so. Have been using this canopy for years without any issues. Installed immediately upon hangering the airplane and cleaning the windshield. It's a Bruce cover.

Robert