A few posts about it over in the Electronic Ignition and maybe Fuel Injection forums. I believe crabandy is going through an install of one right now. I plan on getting it for my 9A, to replace the Slick Lasar system that came with my engine. Already working in the return fuel lines for it as I build my wings. Drop Robert an email, he's *very* knowledgeable about how his system stacks up with others.

Thanks.
I'm starting my planning for swapping out my right mag and would love a drop in solution. (o-320 rv9a).

A few posts about it over in the Electronic Ignition and maybe Fuel Injection forums. I believe crabandy is going through an install of one right now. I plan on getting it for my 9A, to replace the Slick Lasar system that came with my engine. Already working in the return fuel lines for it as I build my wings. Drop Robert an email, he's *very* knowledgeable about how his system stacks up with others.

I've got most of it installed, just waiting on my prop and single mag to run the plug wires and install the plugs. Feel free to pm me for a phone if you like.

EFII

Thanks.
I'm starting my planning for swapping out my right mag and would love a drop in solution. (o-320 rv9a).

While EFII ignition is not a true "drop in" solution, I highly recommend it. I feel that it is well worth the extra effort to install it, especially if you're still in the build stage.

I have dual EFII units in my RV-8. Look Ma! No mags!!!!! Last week, comming back from our local "old folks lunch bunch" flight, I was at 5500 ft. 2300 rpm, 23 inches manifold pressure, doing over 155 kts. TAS while burning 5.9 to 6 gallons per hour. Not too shabby for an IO-360 angle valve 200 hp. engine.:)

Ideally I'd love to be able to just remove the mag, slap in the e-mag and presto!! But I am realistic.

What other options are there for e-mags (post build for an already flying -9A)?

While EFII ignition is not a true "drop in" solution, I highly recommend it. I feel that it is well worth the extra effort to install it, especially if you're still in the build stage.

I have dual EFII units in my RV-8. Look Ma! No mags!!!!! Last week, comming back from our local "old folks lunch bunch" flight, I was at 5500 ft. 2300 rpm, 23 inches manifold pressure, doing over 155 kts. TAS while burning 5.9 to 6 gallons per hour. Not too shabby for an IO-360 angle valve 200 hp. engine.:)

Hopefully you're not confusing EFII's electronic system with the real E-Mag / P-Mag. That's another option if you want to consider that, especially as a "drop in replacement". http://www.emagair.com Robert would rightly argue, though, that EFII's system is more comprehensive and probably more efficient.

I'm liking the p-mag from emagair. seems like really just a drop in mag swap.
I'll reach out to them tomorrow to talk specs and get a how-to.
I'd like to get this installed before Oshkosh at my next service.
fun!
thanks for the info!!

Hopefully you're not confusing EFII's electronic system with the real E-Mag / P-Mag. That's another option if you want to consider that, especially as a "drop in replacement". http://www.emagair.com Robert would rightly argue, though, that EFII's system is more comprehensive and probably more efficient.

Being a auto and heavy technician, I really like the EFII set up, so do they have a true dual set up out now? Dual crank triggers ect?

EFII

Being a auto and heavy technician, I really like the EFII set up, so do they have a true dual set up out now? Dual crank triggers ect?

Yes they do! Call Robert Paisley at their listed number and talk to him. He hasn't updated the web site to include it. (At least the last time I looked.)

I have the dual crank trigger, dual ECU's and a backup battery in case the alternator goes TU. The dual crank trigger is attatched to one bracket, the same as the single one. The alternator belt/starter ring has 3 magnets in it. One is the top dead center trigger and the other two are the ECU triggers. Each pickup/ECU is programmed so that they know which trigger is theirs.

The backup battery is charged from the main buss and can be switched on if needed. It has a big honking schotky diode to keep it from discharging back into the main buss when it is running the ECU's. I use single pole double throw toggle switches to control which battery powers the ignition. The system also is regulated as to timing via a manafold pressure sensor.

I use one toggle switch for each ECU. The forward position is power from the buss. Center position is ignition off, and aft position is aux batt. power.

Hope this helps. I really like my system.