kcameron

Well Known Member
While taxiing back to the hangar after my flight today, I noticed a loud high-pitched whine coming from somewhere inside the cockpit. When I switched off the boost pump, the noise went away. Goody. Another part to replace.

After the usual number of irritations (though of unusually high magnitude this time - a story for another day), I managed to extract the boost pump from the area near the front stick pivot between the frame rails.

I've looked at ACS, Chief, and Vans websites but I haven't been able to find a matching pump. It shares a bracket with the gascolator. The bracket appears to be a standard unit so I'm hoping this pump isn't too weird. It's a high-pressure unit for my Bendix fuel injected engine. It has no markings to identify the manufacturer.

Following are some pics. I hope someone here can tell me what it is so I can find a direct replacement. I don't want to have to redesign all the mounts and plumbing.

Thanks.

dscn0003_small.jpg

dscn0004_small.jpg

If Dan doesn't know what it is, take it to an old time auto parts store. Some of those guys might recognize it without needing to know what year and make and model car it came from.

Weldon

This appears to be a Weldon or clone to me. If you want to stick with the same style, try Wentworth Aircraft Parts. They may have a serviceable unit available. This pump is pretty expensive for a new one, although it looks like they can be repaired though here:

http://www.weldonpumps.com/