flew by there yesterday

Funny this thread shows up, I flew by that strip on the way to Sedona and wondered whats up with it. The Vimio vid shows proof of a RV6 doing it. Looks like a great little strip. I think my middle wheel is on the wrong end of the plane to try it though. Unless I saw someone do it first. That area is some of the most beautiful and rugged terrain in AZ.

My thoughts...

It looked a little rugged and you sure wouldn't want an engine out issue, but it is beautiful country! We just might need to check it out.

AKA "Air America"

I have landed a Tailwind, citabria and varous spam cans there. Also had to pick up friends after bad landings- one a ground looped Kit Fox and last was a totaled out 182 after landing short in a ditch. No one injured in these accidents. But there have been fatalities each year. It is about 900 feet long pacing from the best touchdown point. You should have great and current short field skills and touch down accuracy. There is no wiggle room... I have not been in for two years after the second accident. Though I think any 2 place RV (A or other) can make it in. There is indian ruins down by the river... and bring a good horse shoe game:rolleyes:

FUN

Looks like a lot of fun... after watching the "9" go in, you see for sure you need to know your plane. I've got an "A" model, but as everyone SHOULD know it's not a landing gear (wheel). Taxi only... :) I think we'll sharpen up the short field skills and try it out.

Looks too short for the C177 then... I need 1500 to get it stopped... darn laminar flow wing :D.