Sunset

I'm New Here
Hi Folks,

I thought I would ask the experts. . .

Does anyone know of a software developer in Canada who is preparing a Van's RV-7A for Microsoft Flight Simulator X (I heard it's not finished yet)? I would like to find this developer's web site and buy the RV-7A product when it's ready. I was hopeful that someone here would be following this guy's progress.

Thanks for all your help! I really appreciate it!

Sunset

Nope

Dont know a thing about the program, but I see this is your first post here.

So, WELCOME to VAF!!!!

Good to have you.

haven't heard of it... i know X-plane has an RV, but I've never really liked the sim... Welcome aboard btw!

The only one I'm aware of is one by Flight Factory Simulations, which is out of business.

Its floating around out there for download.

Someone was programming a detailed "7" besides the late Flight Factory Simlations, and the one for X-Plane; but I've heard nothing for quite a while.

L.Adamson

I hope you guys are referring to the project I've been working on :)
Progress has been steady.
The tentative release is before Christmas 2008. ...A little vague, FSX has presented a few challenges.

My website is www.baytower.ca...and it is down for the moment as mentioned.

BTW, the forum is still working http://www.baytower.ca/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1 so come have a look…

Danny

0firewall.jpg

2runup.jpg

4final.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, Danny, didn't realize you were on the VAF net. I was going to mention your latest update but you beat me to it.

Guys, his virtual RV should satisfy the FAA for 51% rule and then some. Not only has he placed every rivet but you could say he fabricated all the parts from scratch, too. Truly a work of art.

THANKS!

Thanks Mike S and dmaher, I appreciate all the info.

Glad to be here - it looks like a GREAT place, and I'm also glad to find out about the Baytower Studio site and the RV-7 project. I can't wait to part with my $$$ when it's finished - I hope it will be soon!

Thanks again!

Sunset

I've contacted my web provider to get the site back up. It seems like it?s completely down now...very frustrating.
Danny

Danny; pics didn't show thorugh for me, but no matter. Question; any chance you might do an -8 one day? (apologies if you are: can't check your website at the moment)

Will it work with FS 2004?

Danny,

Will your -7 work with FS 2004? I have the Flight Factory version (it's the only plane I fly on FS) but yours looks AMAZING! I don't plan on a computer upgrade for a few more years and it sounds like FS X requires a bit more zing than my current PC, so I'm sticking with the '04 for now.

Roger

A few people have asked about the RV8 and the 9 as well. They all share some common or at least similar parts and details. I have no definite plans just yet…but they are both projects I’d really like to tackle. All things considered it would be the new year before I could begin though.

The RV7 works great in FS9 actually. And, things like removing extra detail, the engine for example, and reducing some texture resolution and gauge detail would also allow it to run well on a fairly ancient PC. It’s something that’s on my mind because… I figure most builders don’t like to spend money updating PC’s.

Danny

Last edited: