Lt Dan

Well Known Member
Greetings all. What a fantastic community! I'm in the market for an RV-4 and came across one I'm looking closely at buying. Just trying to do some homework here: I had a friend suggest to me that I ask around to see if anyone knew the builder or knows someone who knows him as it's a small community and you never know. This one was built by Chris Kidd in 1993, who my research tells me was killed in a Rocket in CA in 2008. It's always unfortunate to hear about any of our fellow airmen buying the farm. I understand that not all builders are created equal so I thought I'd ask around to see if anyone knew him as a builder to find out a little more about this 4 I'm looking into. Any leads are appreciated. Thanks and great site! So much good stuff to learn!

I Knew Chris Kidd

An all around nice guy - and a good builder. Although he didn't live in Bakersfield, he was one of the Bakersfield Bunch, and so being, was exposed to a great talent pool that helped in learning about how to build airplanes. His -4, as I recall was pretty basic and done with economy in mind. His business didn't allow for much extra income - so his airplanes were built with what was available and didn't cost an arm and a leg. Heck, I even gave him a set of brake master cylinders for his Rocket because he was having trouble with the units he had (I think they were used at the time he installed them).

If you would like to chat more about the plane or Chris as a builder, just give me a call at (559) 816-0433

Thx

David Howe