CargoDog58

I'm New Here
Hello RV-Nation!

My family and I moved to the Houston area about 3 years ago. Our house is only 2 miles from Hooks and I occasionally see an RV go blasting over :)

I'm a 3rd-Generation aviator and the only one in my family yet to build some kind of flying machine. I've flown a -6 and a few RV-4's but seem to gravitate towards a -4. If anyone keeps any kind of RV at Hooks and wouldn't mind answering a few questions about the build (and your thoughts on DWH hangars), I would love to buy you a coffee or other beverage of your choice :) Also if anyone ever needs a hand, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks and happy flying!
John

Hello, John. There is an active EAA chapter (302) in Conroe at KCXO. That would be a good place to find anyone based at Hooks with an RV. There are also many RVs in Conroe, if you're willing to drive a little!

There are a number of RVs at Hooks. A bunch of us fly out for lunch Sat & Sun's we gather around 11 at X18 & X-21. There's a -4 in X-18, A 4 & 6 in X-22. An 8 in progress and a flying 6A next door. I'm building a -6 and flying a Navion. Stop by and introduce yourself. We can get your questions answered and probably get you a ride to lunch.

Thanks to everyone for the info! I've been trying to attend some EAA meetings for a while now, but work always seems to catch wind of my plans and promptly nixes that idea.

GYoung: Thank you for the offer. I'll wander over your way one of these weekends and say hello. I think I've seen you fly over in the Navion---that's a sweet ride ya got there!

Thanks again and best regards,

John

John,
I'm based at hooks. I have a Christen Eagle and am currently building an RV10 at home. I live in Creekside of the Woodlands. Stop by the hanger M7 on the waterway and I can help guide you. I'm also a member of EAA 302 which is RV mecca