Gregg Brightwell

Well Known Member
... of a fuse or wing kit any time in the near future?

This 2nd hand wing kit that I ordered has a few missing parts. One being the rear spar web for the RH wing. Called Van's, and the part is about 52 bucks. No Biggie..... Shipping, on the other hand, $197.00! :eek:

I am in south east KS, but if anyone around the center of the country is about to take delivery of the big / long pieces, I would be happy to share some of the delivery cost. $249.00 with shipping is just not feasible on a 52 $ part.

Any ideas / advice?

Gregg

Can't help, but....

....been there done that. 2 -16' longerons, cost like $20 and the shipping was over $200 bucks ouch:(

... of a fuse or wing kit any time in the near future?

This 2nd hand wing kit that I ordered has a few missing parts. One being the rear spar web for the RH wing. Called Van's, and the part is about 52 bucks. No Biggie..... Shipping, on the other hand, $197.00! :eek:

I am in south east KS, but if anyone around the center of the country is about to take delivery of the big / long pieces, I would be happy to share some of the delivery cost. $249.00 with shipping is just not feasible on a 52 $ part.

Any ideas / advice?

Gregg

.....or southern U.S.

How about anyone picking up their own kit, maybe going to the south east? Guess I just have to suck it up and pay it... :)

G

Gregg,

Another thought is that Independence isn't far from a place where they probably have aircraft grade aluminum suppliers. There's nothing magic about Van's aluminum - if you can find the angle in Wichita, you might just go get some.

Paul

Thanks Paul,

...... I have thought about this. The problem is, is that it is the rear spar web, 10' long, z bend, at critical angles. If I could find a 10' metal brake, I think I would try to make my own.... Haven't found it yet. :)

G

Give Tony Partain a call. Hes making a run east in the next week. I don't know what his route is but he is loading 9 kits tomorrow from Vans, one of them my -10 fuselage and finish kit for delivery to me here in MI. He may be able to help you out.