praterdj

Well Known Member
I?ve accepted a promotion at work but it involves a move to the Little Rock Arkansas area.

Are there any RV builders in that area that visit this site? When I relocate it would be nice to know those around that are building.

I hope there are. I know the importance of having someone that has ?been there...done that? during the building stage. I plan to visit 52F as it is only a 2 hour flight but it would be more convenient to visit the locals.

Regards,

Donald
RV-8 in progress
N-284DP (Reserved)

Not really Local

Not realy local but EAA Chapter 732 is in northwest Arkansas. There are several RV-6s and RV-6As in the Chapter and the president is building an RV-10 but no RV-8s that I know of. RV9aviator is building an RV-9 in the Harrison area and Charlie Olds is in a Chapter down south of us. He has built a couple of RV-4s and there probably are other RVs there. RVs haven't reached the commoness (I just made that up I think) of Cessnas but there are a lot of them around - everywhere!

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
Yep. I'm in LR. I'm not building yet, but there is one guy here with a flying -4, almost through -8, halfway through -7, and a flying Skybolt. Another guy is on his -7 wings. There's another guy on a -7 fuse (I think) but he's not at the airport. A father/son combo has their -7 airframe together, the engine has been on and off a few times, and they're working on the panel. There is at least one more builder than I don't see around much. Show up at Barrett Aviation at 1M1 any day between about 9-3 and just ask where to find an RV builder. Give me a shout on PM or email if you'll be in town in the next month - I'm moving after that. Which town/area/neighborhood are you looking to live in? Welcome to Arkansas and Little Rock! I don't know where you're coming from, but I think you'll like it here.

Brian

Last edited:
Bob and Brian,

Thanks for the help. I'm moving from the Dallas area to the Cabot area. I pass the Little Rock airport on my way to and from work. I'll probably fly out of LR or Searcy has a nice airport.

I might fly up to Northwest Arkanas and check those guys out too.

Donald

praterdj said:
Thanks for the help. I'm moving from the Dallas area to the Cabot area. I pass the Little Rock airport on my way to and from work. I'll probably fly out of LR or Searcy has a nice airport.
Cabot is a nice area. I don't envy your commute, though. :rolleyes: Although compared to DFW, I'm sure it'll be a joke. There is lots of turnover in Cabot because it's made up largely of LRAFB personnel. The schools are praised, the prices are reasonable, and there's no crime to speak of. Personally, I would err away from LIT and more towards Searcy or even Bald Knob (that's a little far, though) for the simple fact of drive time, traffic, airport congestion, and gas prices. SRC even has an ILS now! But that's just my $0.01.

Thanks

Brian130 said:
Cabot is a nice area. I don't envy your commute, though. :rolleyes: Although compared to DFW, I'm sure it'll be a joke. There is lots of turnover in Cabot because it's made up largely of LRAFB personnel. The schools are praised, the prices are reasonable, and there's no crime to speak of. Personally, I would err away from LIT and more towards Searcy or even Bald Knob (that's a little far, though) for the simple fact of drive time, traffic, airport congestion, and gas prices. SRC even has an ILS now! But that's just my $0.01.

Brian,

Thanks for the input. I spent several years in Northeast Arkansas and was familiar with the Cabot area. I actually bought a house in Austin. Austin is only two miles north of Cabot and I don?t have any stop lights to mess with.

I take 440 around by the airport and work on 65th street. My commute is only 30 miles and in the worst traffic so far it?s 3o minutes. I lived 16 miles from work in Dallas and my commute was anywhere from 35 minutes to almost an hour! :eek:

Since making the decision to move the traffic is really aggravating. I really liked it in Texas and will miss flying from 52F but I?m looking forward to a slower pace.

My house was finished this week. I'm taking bids from contractors on a shop in the back yard. Then the building resumes.

Regards,

Donald