AX-O

Well Known Member
Used the "search function" but did not find anyone in SoCal that could give tailwheel transition training. Is there anyone around the area?

Used the "search function" but did not find anyone in SoCal that could give tailwheel transition training. Is there anyone around the area?

I'm not an instructor, nor do I have the -8 flying yet, but I am right down the road from you and can give you some time in the Hiperbipe - I have taught several people to fly the thing, and found that it's an excellent trainer because any other airplane you will ever fly will seem easy by comparison.

I'm not an instructor, nor do I have the -8 flying yet, but I am right down the road from you and can give you some time in the Hiperbipe - I have taught several people to fly the thing, and found that it's an excellent trainer because any other airplane you will ever fly will seem easy by comparison.

Thanks for the offer. I am looking for training in an RV.

I think the best basic tailwheel instructors in S. Cal are at Sunset Aviation at John Wayne. Not a bad place to learn aerobatics either. I took my BFR in 2005 in a RV-8 at Cable Airport, Upland, CA. I forgot the guys name, hope he is still there. Try contacting Gary Sobek...

Warren
RV-4 (first flt cable)
Hooks, Houston.