Looking seriously at purchasing a flying RV, but not even sure I will fit unfortunately. I tried to sit in my friend's 8A and with my height my knees are all in the way of the controls. No possibility of full-deflection. I sat in a 9A and fit comfortably, but I was hoping to sit in a 6A or 7A locally before commiting to flying across the country to buy one. Anyone nearby that would be willing to help out?

I keep my -6A at KTTA (Raleigh Executive Jetport) in Sanford. My plane will also be on static display at MCAS Cherry Point for their open house /air show May 15, 16, and 17.

Last edited:
7A available at KEYF

I have 7A at Elizabethtown, NC, KEYF and would be happy for you to come down and try it on for size. 7A cockpit is a little deeper that than the 6 but otherwise essentially the same. Phone (910) 876-1945.:D

Thanks for the responses guys! I make it up to Raleigh frequently so I'll probably take you up on that. If I fit in the 6, I assume I'll fit in the 7 just fine.

Just a few items to consider on the 6 vs the 7. The 7 has more headroom and the 7 (all other things being equal) allows a higher gross weight.