arunnells

Well Known Member
Good day, I fly an RV-6, frequent this website daily (I'm paid up:)and am building a DR 107 One Design currently. I would like to see how well an RV-4 cowl will fit on the fuselage as I hate the look of the really wide stock One Design cowling. I have a template of the firewall tracing of a one off carbon fiber cowling from an RV-4 currently. It seems to fit the bare fuse tubing well, but I'm not sure if the height relationship of the cylinders and engine mount would fit the cheek cowls very well. So, I was wondering if anyone in the Calgary, Alberta, Canada area would have an RV-4 cowl lying around I may use to better check the fit with? Thanks for your time, regards, Al.

cowling

I have a rv-4 cowling just change mine for a James holy cowl I live in qu?bec if you need it let me know Norman.

RV-a cowling

Al, I have one that you could use to check the fit. It has the air intake cut-off for round inlet installation (done by previous owner/builder). I'm moving back to Quebec in July and will be driving by Calgary. I could take it with me in my trailer if you want. Let me know.

Bonjour Norman, I'm not sure if I want to fix my cowling and would rather use one original cowling with square inlets. If Al don't take yours, I might be interested to buy if price is right. I found one in the U.S. before but shipping cost was too expensive. I would pick-it up once in Gatineau.

Remy

Cowling

Thx Remy, that will work well, I do work away from home frequently, so I hope to be home when you come through, looks like things will work out well for you on the Quebec end as well. Let me know when you will be coming through and I'll supply my contact number, thx again, Al.

Al, I have one that you could use to check the fit. It has the air intake cut-off for round inlet installation (done by previous owner/builder). I'm moving back to Quebec in July and will be driving by Calgary. I could take it with me in my trailer if you want. Let me know.

Bonjour Norman, I'm not sure if I want to fix my cowling and would rather use one original cowling with square inlets. If Al don't take yours, I might be interested to buy if price is right. I found one in the U.S. before but shipping cost was too expensive. I would pick-it up once in Gatineau.

Remy
Ok! e-mail me wen you'r in Gatineau,Norman

RV-4 cowling

Thx Remy, that will work well, I do work away from home frequently, so I hope to be home when you come through, looks like things will work out well for you on the Quebec end as well. Let me know when you will be coming through and I'll supply my contact number, thx again, Al.

Al, I should be staying overnight in Calgary tuesday July 19. Please send me your contact info by email at : grrr01 at hotmail dot com.

Cheers

Remy