Brian130

Well Known Member
Anyone here in Abilene? I just found out that there is my next assignment. I won't be there until next spring, but we'd like to get some idea about houses, neighborhoods, cost of living, etc. Maybe I can even get a house with a workshop to get started on my 7! WHOOO HOOO! :D You can private message me or email me so we don't clutter up the forums. Thanks!!

Last edited:
Great news, Brian. You won't be too far for the occasional BC Squadron lunch over at Stephenville (Clark Field).

B,

Thanks Doug. I just landed from my last flight! I'll get my wings on Friday then go to -130 training in Little Rock. It'll be cool to be only a couple hours from DFW. Whatever I could possibly want is right there for sure.

Sparkling new wings!

How cool is that?

Big congrats on that MAJOR mile stone? Or should it be Captain Mile Stone? :D

Brian!!!

Thanks for the Gloves.

Good to read you will be close! When you find THE PERFECT RESTAURANT in Abilene. Let us BCs know and we will be there!
You will get some RV rides when we fly out there.
Cheers
Jay

N941WR said:
How cool is that?

Big congrats on that MAJOR mile stone? Or should it be Captain Mile Stone? :D

Still Lt Milestone at this point, but not long! Thanks for the congrats though! I might end up in your neck of the woods at some point (Pope). Who knows!

Brian,

I travel a great deal to Abilene, since I have multiple customers there. In addition (I am not sure if this applies to you or not), if you are a deer hunter there is some spectacular hunting in and around Abilene. We lease a ranch about 35-miles south of Abilene, and it is some of the best hunting around! Granted, the Corpus area has some spectacular hunting areas too........

Congrat's on your recent flying accomplishments! :)

txaviator said:
Brian,

I travel a great deal to Abilene, since I have multiple customers there. In addition (I am not sure if this applies to you or not), if you are a deer hunter there is some spectacular hunting in and around Abilene. We lease a ranch about 35-miles south of Abilene, and it is some of the best hunting around! Granted, the Corpus area has some spectacular hunting areas too........

Congrat's on your recent flying accomplishments! :)

Thanks.

Hm... that is encouraging. I grew up hunting in AR, but since I've move away it seems most land is private land and I haven't been in one place yet long enough to make land-owner connections. Maybe I can fix that during my 3+ years in Abilene! (I did see on several realtor pages where they advertised hunting leases so I assumed it was big business.)

moved in!

Well I'm here finally and ready to turn my garage into an airplane factory! Any new builders join the forums since I asked this originally? I'm southeast of town off FM 1750. :D

Look me up!

Hello Brian,

First let me apologize for not catching this thread sooner. I live in Abilene and building a 7A. (about one more year to go) There are other RV builders here besides me. two 6's, a 9A and a 10. The 10 builder is a "two-timer"...he's already built a 6A.
We have a great EAA chapter (471). Some Dyess members too...130 & Bone drivers. We meet the second Saturday of each month for a big breakfast over at the airport (ABI).

contact me at sjevans "at" cox.net for specifics

Glad to have you in Abilene!! And thanks for serving our country.
BTW...best steak in Abilene is Joe Allen's.

Sam Evans

Last edited: