txaviator

Well Known Member
We all saw Rosie at the Texas Fly-In last weekend, and he was on his way back to California, from Florida, and I think the Bahama's? (somewhere down there past Florida, anyway).

I was hoping to hear a write-up from him about that LONG cross-country? Does anyone have an update? I haven't noticed him post lately?

Thanks,

I'm here!

Rosie's alive and well having arrived home from a 3-week vacation that included a week of diving in the Cayman Islands (5 other RVs joined us). We put 51 hours on the plane, and a highlight included flying over Cuba talking with Cuban controllers :)

Here's the form the Cayman Islands Aviation Authority (CIAA) used to get permission to overfly Cuba (the CIAA were the 'middlemen'...)

The trip home included stops in New Orleans, San Antonio and the TEX RV Fly-in (that was fun!).

WORK has kept me busy all week but I'll be getting something out probably in the next few weeks. Thanks so much for asking Gary! Rosie

PS: Here's the trip report.

Last edited:
Overflying Cuba

Hi Rosie, welcome home.

Yesterday we plugged in the wings of our -6A and hope to shortly be overflying the Carribean and Cuba from here in central Georgia. Was there any particular problem or advance planning needed to overfly Cuba? Would they allow you to land there if you wanted to visit?
A friend of mine scuba dove/dived the Island of Youth on the southwest tip of Cuba and said that everybody was great and that they love the American dollar over there.
Pierre