briand

Well Known Member
I am about 2 months away from completing my Fuse (very rough estimate) and do not have $5K for the finsh kit so I'm thinking about ordering the parts as I need them. Plus I want aftermarket intersect. and emp. fairings, cowl, canopy and wheel pants. I have not decided on the engine yet so I hate to get the imfamous 80% credit on the mnt.. Same goes for the cowl and anything else I would delete, i guess. I don't like the idea of paying 20% to NOT get an item.

Has anyone had problems getting the final bill of sale when they pc'd together their finish kit and did not buy a lot of the stuff from vans??

Also I can't seem to find prices on "THE LIST" for the engine mnt. or the wheels. I see that AC Spruce has cleveland wheels, brakes, tubes and tires for $820. Does anyone know if these are the same you get from Vans or if the price is the same or better? I just assume order as much from Van's as possible but when you have to ask for a price its kind of a pain in the #$@.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/lgpages/cleve_hbpkgs.php

I ordered my finish kit and FW forward kit by parts rather than the kit. It was not a problem at all. Call Van's and they can email you the parts list for the kit and the prices for the items that are not on "The List". I did that, removed the parts I didn't want and ordered the rest. No problem getting my bill of sale. I may still have the parts list from them but the prices may have changed. Let me know if you want me to look for it.