lr172

Well Known Member
I am looking to go LED for my landing lights and like the Rigid R+ spot with 3400 lumens. I have 100W halogens now. I have seen several good reports here and it is easy for me to mount. However, I have been considering the R / RS (not the R+) at 1800 lumens and half the cost of the R. I was going to buy one first to test the light output, but thought someone else here may have some experience with them. I know everybody likes the Squadron Pro, but it looks harder to mount in a Duckworks leading edge setup.

Any experience with these?

Larry

I have the 1800 lumen Rigids PAR36 size. 10 degree spot in both wings on a kuentzleman wig wag.

Works fine, 1/2 amps of 55w halogens. No noise with unshielded wires.

$140ish a piece on amazon a year back. Now $125 in 1800 and $197 in 3400 lumens.

If you have twin 100W halogens, the 1800s will seem definitely less bright, I think. Less range, possibly.

1800s at 10 degree spot seemed very close to 55w halogen auto bulbs, I'd say slightly better once you get passed the wow factor of the low current draw at 100-200 yards.

If you like twin 100watts you will like twin 1800 lumens less. Will it be suitable and safe considrring the savings? That will be very subjective.

Took a little aiming after adding crimps for power screw mounts, very easy install overall.

Either will save power over 2x 100w hallogens. The wig wags that handle 3 amps max won't like the 3400 lumen version, I bet, if that matters for the less pricey wig-wags..

Last edited:
Just installed two Rigid R-Series P/N 62010 bulbs.

The amount of light particles spewing out of these bulbs is amazing! More than my truck on high beams.

3.4 amps each.

Dead silent on the radios.

So good, So far

Last edited:
I thought I would post my results. I purchased one of the Rigid R serie (1800 lumens) and I wasn't really that happy with the light output. I also tried a cheaper lamp from Amazon. It had great light output, but the beam was too tight to be effective in this application. I ended up finding a set of Baja Squadron Pro lights (driving combo) on ebay for $325 and these lights are great! The driving combo seems to provide both the long throw, as well as a wide angle for taxing. I fab'ed a bracket for the duckworks opening / bay and mounting wasn't too difficult. They are a bit smaller than I expected.

Larry