389JM

I am curious, is anyone else still waiting on delivery of an ECI engine? I placed my order back on March 30 and so far no luck.

Jim,
Are you taking delivery of components directly from ECI? Or, are you having an engine shop build your ECI engine?

I had problems with component deliveries on my engine from ECI due to various suppliers not being able to provide the various components needed. However, I had America's Aircraft Engines build my engine. I worked closely with them through the process. There were some delays I had to face concerning the engine but I did get my engine built in August. I had originally talked with AAE at Sun 'n Fun in April. At that time both they and I were thinking I would be getting my engine by June. It turned out to be August after I talked with AAE and ECI at the ECI booth at Oshkosh before everything fell into place.

If you have not talked with your engine builder you should do so. I know Richard and Steve Fowler at AAE were very beneficial in helping me get everything going on my engine.

Good luck.

Steve,

I too am having AAE build my engine. I have been working with Steve Fowler and he is a great guy and seems to be doing his best. It has just been one delay after the other with little or no communication. Quite frustrating to say the least.

After talking with Steve today, the best he could say was that I am first on their list and the delivery date was still uncertain. He did offer hope that it would be sometime in the near future.

Patience is a virtue that I was not blessed with... darn.

Y'all frighten me. I was talking to Jesse at A.E.R.O. today and he said they were down to eight to 10 weeks on ECI engine kits.