cholladay

Well Known Member
Aero Engines of Winchester Inc

I am about to send these guys some money on a engine. I thought I would see if anyone had any dealings and/or comments on this company. I always hate sending people money for the first time.

Positive endorsement

About four years ago, a friend of mine bought a Superior kit engine through Aero Engines of Winchester for his RV-8 project. They assembled the engine in their shop, and even allowed the two of us to participate in the assembly. I felt like they were a first class operation, and the assembled kit engine came at an attractive price. The only reason I didn't do the same thing when I bought my engine was becasue of Superior's financial difficulites.

I would give them a positive endorsement.

I've never dealt with them personally, but they were in my Mooney logbook as the shop that OH'd my O-360 A1D . I got it a year after they did it, put about 250 +- hrs on it in the 3 yrs I owned it and it never missed a beat. I think the engine was one of the only things I didn't fix on that plane :)

Aero Engines

Hi all. I've dealt with Tom at Aeroengines twice. He rebuilt the engine in my C-172 and I never had a problem. A good friend has a flight school and uses Aero engines exclusively. Finally when it was time to buy an engine for my RV-8A I called Tom and he built an IO-360 for me even offering to stop by and check installation. A good person to do business with

Thanks for the input. I got a good feeling when I talked to him but I thought it smart to do my homework. I feel better about sending him money now.

Hi all. I've dealt with Tom at Aeroengines twice. He rebuilt the engine in my C-172 and I never had a problem. A good friend has a flight school and uses Aero engines exclusively. Finally when it was time to buy an engine for my RV-8A I called Tom and he built an IO-360 for me even offering to stop by and check installation. A good person to do business with

what did the IO-360 build end up costing you if you don't mind me asking? i won't hold them to the same price, i'm just taking notes here