Flyer2017

I've been looking to replace my Garmin 430W with an Avidyne 440. It uses the same connectors and is truly plug-n-play with only a little reprogramming. I saw prices from 12K to about 10.3K and would have to sell my 430W on eBay to get some of the money back. Avidyne will give a rebate of $4500 for a working 430W but I think wants to do it through a dealer.

I saw a price of $5245 for the IFD 440 from AvionicsSource.com in Seattle. They will ship a new IFD 440 to you for that price and you then pull your 430W and ship it back to them.

Has anyone ever bought from them? Seems like a great deal. I just don't want it to be on of those "If it sounds like it's too good to be true - it probably is" deals.

Feedback appreciated. Thanks

I have no horse in this race, have not dealt with Avionics Source and have no connection to them.

Chase Larabee is in sales there. He is a frequent poster over on Beechtalk. That's a crowd that will run you off the ranch if you're the least bit shady. I don't think Chase would have nearly a thousand posts and 200+ likes on Beechtalk if he was a crook.

I am a regular on Beechtalk (former Bonanza owner) and can confirm that Avionics Source (Chase Larabee) is well-regarded. Regular seller of avionics on that site and never an issue to my knowledge.

I purchased a Stratus ESG from Avionics Source a couple of years ago, and Chase was very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

I purchased an IFD540 from Chase a couple of years ago and he is the real deal. Excellent service and follow up support.

Hmm... I am pre-cut/wired for a 540 and given the "free" Lynx L3 Transponder or the Avidyne one I may need to pull the trigger then sell the "free" stuff to recoup some of the cost.

Not 100% sure, but when you look on their site they still have it listed. I'll call and ask today

I bought my IFD440 from chase. Great support, great communication when needed. I highly recommend Seattle avionics .