lancef53

Well Known Member
I am getting closer to first flight, and am trying to get my insurance changed from builders risk to regular insurance. I have coverage with AIG/Chartis now, and they will roll the policy into a flight policy without too much trouble, except they want me to get 2 hours of dual in a RV-8. My broker is trying to get them to sign off on dual in a 6 or 7, but no luck yet. Does anybody have any advice or contacts with them? Is there someone there to talk to that understands the differences in a 6-7-8?

They would prefer time with a CFI, but are ok with a RV8 owner(non-CFI) doing the checkout if needed.

Does 2 hours dual and 3 solo before carrying a pass sound normal? The 3 solo is pointless, considering the phase one.

Is 6 or 7 time close enough to get the feel?

Thanks for the replies,
Lance

Make sure your broker went to the other 3 markets, too. Somebody will buy off on that dual in a side-by-side.

PM me if any problems.

He said he checked the others, the reason he is trying with Chartis is because they would just roll the builders risk into the flight phase, instead of cancelling and restarting a policy. I don't know if that is a big issue with airplane insurance, it sure doesn't seem to be a problem with any other type of insurance.

They were checking back with Chartis to see if they would sign off on the side by side dual.

Thanks for the offer, I will let you know.