David_Nelson

Well Known Member
..and if so, do you have any pictures in split screen mode. In particular, I'm interested in how the PFD and moving map look together w/ the higher resolution screen.

Thanks,

got 1, desk flying with ms flightsim and grtbridge

Will take a picture to suit you tonite.

Got Two.....

I have two brand new HS screens that just arrived today....but they aren't powered up yet. Give me a week and if all goes well, they'll be flying!:D

Paul

n188pd FTW

I'm building as fast as I can Paul!
But yes, you will be flying your HS before me.

I'm planning to upgrade to the HX and a dual installation, not too different from Paul's.

I presume that you aren't waiting for the HX, then?

Howard,

I was challenged to see if I could fit the larger screens in the -8, I did a little measuring, and am pretty sure they'll fit. The HX's will have the same screen size as the HS's, so I might as well go with them for now and see how they work!

Paul

I've got a little time yet

Take your time. Just post your results :)

Without having spent much time looking at the panel [gasp] recently, I believe that the two displays should both fit vertically.

I'm really looking forward to seeing someone do it, almost certainly before I get to that stage (wings now).

here are the pictures

If anybody's got some feedback on how to get better results, please comment. (The kids had the tripod working as part of a "science" experiment, so these are hand held).

This is connected to FSX on my PC. (Although I was over the indicated position today :)

If anybody's got some feedback on how to get better results, please comment. (The kids had the tripod working as part of a "science" experiment, so these are hand held).

This is connected to FSX on my PC. (Although I was over the indicated position today :)

Very interesting. It looks almost exactly the same (if not more squeezed) as on the normal H1 displays, except for the engine instruments below on the second image of course.

Thanks guys

I have to agree, Scott. Not exactly what I had in mind. I do like how the engine monitor fits with the rest of the screens.

I guess that answers that question - back to the drawing board!

Say Ironflight - When you get all powered up with the new screens, I'd appreciate some additional pics when you get around to it.

Thanks,
/\/elson

HX Availability

Hi all,

I have about finished my panel design and have been working with the folks at Steinair. I understood them to say that the high res screens would not be available until September. Sounds like they are shipping now. Anyone have any insight on this?

Regards,

Michael Wynn
RV 8 Fuselage
San Ramon

Hi all,

I have about finished my panel design and have been working with the folks at Steinair. I understood them to say that the high res screens would not be available until September. Sounds like they are shipping now. Anyone have any insight on this?

Easily confused! There now three different "models" of the Horizon 1 displays Michael - the original, the HS, and the HX. The HS has the same processor as the original, but a bigger, hi-rez screen. the HX has the new screen as well as a newer processor. The HS's are shipping now, and the HX is still in development.

Paul

I'd be glad to help but I have no idea of what you are trying to find out?? I've got lots of pics of the dual H1 screens I put in my RV10. I've also got plenty of pics of the new HS screens that I put in my F1 Rocket. I've had the HS screens since last November and they've been powered up since January.

You lost me with the 'back to the drawing board'?? Again...glad to help but.....don't know what you want :).

I have to agree, Scott. Not exactly what I had in mind. I do like how the engine monitor fits with the rest of the screens.

I guess that answers that question - back to the drawing board!

Say Ironflight - When you get all powered up with the new screens, I'd appreciate some additional pics when you get around to it.

Thanks,
/\/elson

Hi Rick,

No worries. I'm in the panel planning stage (hence the drawing board comment). I was curious if I could comfortably get away with a single HS screen (which would allow me to also go with a Van's standard panel) given the new found real estate. GRT doesn't have any good photo's of split screens.

Thanks to the guys and gals here, I can now confidently move forward with my decision knowing that I explored the avenues relevant to me.

I saw Ironflight's posting and that just further helped my decision.

Thanks!

/\/elson

You can comfortably get away with 3 HS screens and a radio stack on a standard Vans panel for 7/7A :)

I don't care what brand, but that 3-way split is next to useless IMHO... on a screen that size.