vonjet

Well Known Member
When bolting together the Infinity stick grips onto the 1" outer diameter stick they dont quite close up all the way. I have a crack down the stick grips halves like something is keeping it from closing all the way. Ive opened and closed it many times and no wires are in the way. I think its the plastic grips and they aren't quite 1" inside.
Anyone experience this or is something wrong with my stick?

Bryan

Painted

Its primed but just a mist of black primer. I dont think that would be causing this. I think the internal plastic mold is not quite 1" or my aluminum spacer is just slightly over 1"
I didn't have this problem with the right stick. Only the left and I did the exact same thing to both.

measure the ID of your grips and the OD of your sticks. I think the right side stick is only 7/8"

Me too

The halves of my RV-4's Infinity grip don't quite match either. I worked on it for a couple of hours. I tried sanding the stick mating surface and the interior of the grip. Eventually I decided to leave it as is and move on to other problems. The gap is only a few thousandths. Nobody would notice it but me and even I haven't noticed it lately.