Rick_A

Well Known Member
Garmin has a free Checklist editor on their website for the G1000 and GPSMAP 696. I downloaded it and have started building a checklist. However, when I looked in my 696 manual, I didn't see any reference to checklists.

Is this a new option that was provided in a software update? If so, is anyone using it?

Is there any documentation on how to use the checklist function? I'm guessing it needs to be written on the SD card because that's how it's done for the G1000. I don't recall seeing Checklists on the Menu, but to be honest, I never looked for either.

Yes, you save the checklist file to a SD card and the 696 sees the file when it boots up. It gives you a soft key for checklists when it sees a check list file.

Last edited:
Garmin Checklist

I loaded my checklist with Engine Power tables and use it that way instead of in the normal checklist mode.

Its good, very easy to update, but I use my AFS4500 screen for the aircraft checklist.

More ACE checklist info

I put some ACE checklist info along with my checklist on http://11hc.44rf.com. It "might" be easier to edit what I have -- but maybe not. You can also open the ACE checklist with MS Word and use it as a paper checklist without retyping it all.