Guy Prevost

Well Known Member
It's looking like I will be in the Northern part of Western Australia for a few weeks in July. It would be nice to meet some other RV folks. I'm also hoping to vacation (holiday?) around the rest of the country late July, early August.

Guy

Guy,

There's a few of us RV owners in W.A., but the population is concentrated mainly in the south-west. Where exactly will you be visiting: can give you some guidance on the aviation activities depending on where you're at.

Alexis.

I will be in Broome on the weekends while I am working, but am hoping to take some personal time afterwards to explore a bit. I plan on time around Perth and may then fly to the East coast for a bit.

Hello Guy,

If you do make it over to Brisbane, QLD. Give me a PM, we have a lot of RV's at our field. would be good to catch up and go for a fly.

A big thanks to Alexis for running me over to Jandakot yesterday. From what I've seen the experimental community here is struck from the same mold as those in the US... a great bunch of guys.

Hello Guy, If you get up north queensland way let me know. I live in cairns which has the Great Barrier Reef at our doorstep. It is very scenic flying as you have the reef , rainforest , beaches, tablelands and many airstrips around with a good recreational aircraft community. We have several rv's and a rocket locally. June to august is generally the best time of year up here. Cheers Mick.

Stanman Sth. East Qld

G.Day Guy....If your.re around south east Qld..I.m on the Gold Coast...just south of Brisbane...I have recently certified my RV8....and if I.m out of the 40 hour test phase...we.ll go for a scenic around the Border ranges ...immediately to the west...otherwise I.ll buy yu a beer or two...(I owe yu that..for the number of times I accessed your build site...over the last few years!!)...We also have a fairly active Experimental/RV group ...based at Southport Flying Club.....cu july/august...rgds stan

Hello Guy, not sure if your travel plans extend down to Victoria but you are welcome at our areodrome. We have a great flight over the Grampians national park mountains. At the moment I am the only RV owner here how ever.
I am at Horsham , Victoria. Contact me via email if you are down this way.

Paul

Hi Guy,

As mentioned in my PM, I don't know much about the aviation community 'up north', though I'm sure we can locate some folks for you to get in touch with. Give me a holler when you come down Perth way and I'd be more than happy to show you 'round.

Alexis.

I've collected your PMs and intact info. I'll keep you all posted as m plans firm up. Thanks for all of the hospitality!

Guy

Hi Guy, Posted earlier but think i hit the wrong key. If you get up north Queensland way look us up or message me . I live in Cairns which as they say is the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef. There is plenty of scenic areas from the coast to the rainforest mountain ridges with waterwalls to atherton tablelands and everthing in between. There is a strong recreational aviation base up here at several small airports in the area.We have a few RV's 7's A couple of 4's and a harmon rocket. Keep us posted .Cheers Mick.