I discovered my old nose gear fork in the bottom of a box in the garage from the upgrade a few years ago.

Are these things useful to anyone? It's a nice hunk of metal and I hate to toss if it has some use to someone (other than as an RV nose fork!).

Thanks.

Scrap pile

I sell steel and al;uminum scrap every two years or so, to a recycler. That's about all it's good for.

Best,.

1292543150_a59ef96ecc.jpg

Ha!

Love the suggestions :)

I was thinking of putting a Harbor Freight wheel on it and adapting it to my popup camper jack so I can move it around more easily when it's unhitched, but I already have a trailer dolly for that.

Since I don't have a heavy gate or a shopping cart project in my future I guess it will go in the recycle bin then. If anyone is building a shopping cart, I will put it in a box and send it to you for the cost of shipping.

Thanks!

I left mine right where it was. After 10 yrs., 1100 hrs., 726 landings and no runway mishaps, I'm still trying to process why I shouldn't continue to use it on my fixed pitch prop RV-7A.

Somehow, I think I need to don my flameproof suit.

Last edited:
No flames

Somehow, I think I need to don my flameproof suit.

I'm sure there are any number of people that would love to take on that flame war, but I'm just cleaning out my garage and thought I would try to be helpful to my fellow aviators. :)

Is there actually a bush plane that could take a tail fork that big? Has anyone listed one on Barnstormers (and sold it)? I mean, if there is no demand, then I really don't want to go through the effort for nothing.

The bushplane comment was a joke (or was supposed to be...), but I wouldn't be surprised if something the size of a Beaver would use that big a tailwheel. I did find one reference on the interwebs to the use of a smaller a/c nosewheel as a tailwheel on a larger a/c (Murphy Elite nosewheel as tailwheel on a Moose).

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=55672

Charlie