Dbro172

Well Known Member
Well, here goes my first post! (after several hours viewing)

I live in San Diego, 32 years old, working on the elevators of my new 9A kit and the wings are coming in early June. I am a Instrument rated Private Pilot and do most my flying at KMYF and KCRQ.

Obviously, I have a lot of questions about the build, I am looking to snoop around some other projects, maybe in the 60-100% complete range. To me the biggest unknowns are wiring, lighting, avionics, firewall forward, so it would be great to see some projects in that stage.

If you are in the area, either building or flying and wouldn't mind someone checking out your project, shoot the breeze, need some help, etc, let me know.

And of course, if you need a passenger in your RV, well that would be just great.... Or if you want to get up flying (with me) I'm always looking for other pilots.

Looking forward to it, thanks,

Derek- RV-9A - Just Started

Welcome

Derek,
Welcome to VAF! There are TONS of RV'rs in San Diego and SoCal area. I am located at KSEE, Sky Harbor and there are over 15 RVs in Sky Harbor alone. Give me a shout if you are in the area.

Bruce Hill (VAF ID: Bruceh) is building a 9A out of Ramona and is fairly far along in his venture. I would recommend talking to him. I have seen his project and he is more than willing to talk about his project.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/member.php?u=7966

Dan

RV's

Lots of RV's also at Ramona Airport. RV's 7's, 8's 9's. I am finishing an RV9a and it will be at the airport for final assembly in about a month so feel free to stop by. Most Saturday mornings there is a lot of flying going on.

Derek, come on over any time. As Dan mentioned, I'm up in Ramona (not at the airport yet) and am finishing up a -9A. I'm just about done with the canopy. Getting ready to bond the bubble on the frame. Will probably need another set of hands in a couple of weeks to get my wings attached for the first time. Need an engine before I can get the firewall forward work started.

Lots of photos and advice on my web site (link in signature).

Derek, welcome aboard! I'm building a 7A, currently working on firewall forward, project still in the garage (I'm in Carmel Mtn Ranch). You're welcome to drop by. Shoot me an email.

roee at kalinskyconsulting dot com