jdrumm

Hi,

I'm an aspiring RV builder (I started a RV8 tail several years ago but I moved and it's currently on hold). Anyway, I was wondering if there are any RV builders or builders groups in the NYC area?

Thanks

Joe

nearby nyc

I'm in Montclair, NJ and have a finished -8 which I keep at Lincoln Park (N07)...

jonweisw at rcn dot com.

Jon

Took a quick glance at the White Pages, there are several in New York, not sure how close they are to you, but here are some:

New York Bellport Sands, Christopher 516.658.5368

New York Lake Placid Wilminko, Dave 8 N919WD KLKP

New York Northport Ross, Jon 516.356.9629 8 N207RV

New York Peekskill Trotter, Paul 914.737.6661 8 EM N801PT

New York Rochester Northrup,Bob 585.507.1000 8A N147BN

New York Wappingers Falls Jordan,Scott 845.297.2692 8 N733JJ

Brookhaven Airport

There are currently several RV's under construction and flying at Brookhaven Colabro Airport in Shirley, Long Island, NY. It is south of the Long Island Expressway, Exit 68. I keep my Cessna 150 tied down there. As soon as my flying/building buddy completes the restoration of his Republic SeeBee we will be building an RV-8. Should be within a year.

I'm in Montclair, NJ and have a finished -8 which I keep at Lincoln Park (N07)...

jonweisw at rcn dot com.

Jon

Thanks... I'm originally from NY but was working in Europe for a while and finally moved back. I really want to start on an RV8. I haven't finished my PPL yet, so I need to do that first and obviously get some hours under my belt. I had such fun working on the empanage, I found I really enjoyed the building process.

Is it possible to get any reasonably priced hanger space in the area? Also, if anyone can recommend a good place for flight training, that would be great.

Thanks

There are currently several RV's under construction and flying at Brookhaven Colabro Airport in Shirley, Long Island, NY. It is south of the Long Island Expressway, Exit 68. I keep my Cessna 150 tied down there. As soon as my flying/building buddy completes the restoration of his Republic SeeBee we will be building an RV-8. Should be within a year.

I actually grew up on Long Island, not too far from Brookhaven airport. I live in Brooklyn now and the trip out to Brookhaven is a bit long if I were to do it regularly. I would move to be closer to an airport where I could work on an RV8 but then my daily commute starts to take too long (work in Manhattan)... My parent's still live out there so I am in the area fairly often.

live in nyc queens

Hi there i live in queens ny and i co built a rv8a in a back yard in queens in a portable car port it is now one of the planes at brookhaven. Give me a call or email 718 578 3415 [email protected] I will help you all i can. If you have a garage or backyard there is no limit to what you can do with a little imagination.
cyril mc lavin

Hi there i live in queens ny and i co built a rv8a in a back yard in queens in a portable car port it is now one of the planes at brookhaven. Give me a call or email 718 578 3415 [email protected] I will help you all i can. If you have a garage or backyard there is no limit to what you can do with a little imagination.
cyril mc lavin

Did you complete your RV at Brookhaven? How is hangar space availability there?

Thanks

Joe