Hangar 1271

Well Known Member
Hello. I'm considering an RV-4 but would really love to sit in one. Anybody in my area have one I could see? Thank you.

Welcome to VAF!

David, welcome aboard the good ship VAF:D

RV 4----------yummy, my favorite RV, wish I had one.

Yes, but...

Hello. I'm considering an RV-4 but would really love to sit in one. Anybody in my area have one I could see? Thank you.

Hi David,

There are several 4's nearby, depends on where in Orlando you are. Email me offline and I will try to link you up with a 4-owner.

V/R
Smokey
[email protected]

PS: "If you are 5'10/180 it will be right, over 6'0/200 and it will be tight"...

I have a recently completed -4 at the KISM (Kissimmee) airport. You are welcome to drop by. Mine is set up for a tall pilot, I am 6'5" 215lbs, and built very light (no frills, just pure flying pleasure!).

Thanks Glasair180. I'm in Longwood so it may take me a little while to work my way down there. It would probably be easier for me to fly down than drive. I'll contact you some time in mid-December if that would be okay with you.

Yep Turbo, have to agree, however comma my Four took a back seat after I flew this one...

My (former) HR2...

The RV4, personified...:)
V/R
Smokey

That is an great lookn plane. Wow. Looks fast. Nice lookn passenger too.

I have you in my sights of people to meet up with. Keep an eye out for a pm to meet up. I'll be back in town on the 4th. ;)

That is an great lookn plane. Wow. Looks fast. Nice lookn passenger too.

I have you in my sights of people to meet up with. Keep an eye out for a pm to meet up. I'll be back in town on the 4th. ;)

Turbo,

Let me know when? I'll form up and follow. Gotta show smokey the 8 built to his standards... Light;)

Scott

I'm flying down tomorrow afternoon to meet up with family already at Disney. Anyone based at Winter Haven, Kissimmee, Orlando Exec or anywhere close with hangar space for a few days? Leaving Sat.

Turbo,

Let me know when? I'll form up and follow. Gotta show smokey the 8 built to his standards... Light;)

Scott

You got it. Later,
IMG_0862.jpg

I have a recently completed -4 at the KISM (Kissimmee) airport. You are welcome to drop by. Mine is set up for a tall pilot, I am 6'5" 215lbs, and built very light (no frills, just pure flying pleasure!).

Sean, tried to PM you to set up a time this week. Can't find any other way to contact you. Please PM or email me. Thanks.

David Mazer

Any other RV-4s in the Orlando area?

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to reach Glasair 180 to see his RV-4 at KISS. Are there any other RV-4s in the area that I could visit? I'm in the northern suburbs of Orlando so ORM, DAB, LEE, X04, etc are also possibilities.

Unfortunately, I'm working in Orlando this weekend and the drive would not be possible but thank you for the update. Sooner or later something will come around that works out.

A quick shout out and thank you to Bill Whidden for letting my try on his HR2 today. It was certainly above and beyond the call of duty and my pleasure to get a ride in his beautiful plane in the exceedingly busy skies over Lake Apopka today.

The HR2 is dimensionally different than an RV-4, as all you 4 aficionados already knew, but it was great first step. On to an actual 4, when I can find one and get to it, to see how that fits.

Once again, thank you Bill.