Addicted2climbing

I'm New Here
Hello all,

This is my first post and I am researching the RV12 and am trying to locate one to see for myself or possibly go for a ride. I am a member of eaa#40 and we have a 9a in the hangar being built as well as a sonex and a cygnet. I am working on the cygnet but due to my height (6'3") it's just too small for me. I bought a set of Bearhawk LSA plans but after being a part of the scratch build of the cygnet for the last 2 years I am now leaning toward a kit built plane. The bearhawk will have to wait for the future. I am considering the RV12, Rans S19 or S20. Since I am a bigger pilot the additional useful load of the RV12 over the S19 is a big selling point for the design.

If anyone has a current build in progress or a flying plane within a driving distance of Glendale CA please contact me.

Take care,

Marc

Hello all,

This is my first post and I am researching the RV12 and am trying to locate one to see for myself or possibly go for a ride. I am a member of eaa#40 and we have a 9a in the hangar being built as well as a sonex and a cygnet. I am working on the cygnet but due to my height (6'3") it's just too small for me. I bought a set of Bearhawk LSA plans but after being a part of the scratch build of the cygnet for the last 2 years I am now leaning toward a kit built plane. The bearhawk will have to wait for the future. I am considering the RV12, Rans S19 or S20. Since I am a bigger pilot the additional useful load of the RV12 over the S19 is a big selling point for the design.

If anyone has a current build in progress or a flying plane within a driving distance of Glendale CA please contact me.

Take care,

Marc

Hans has a Flying RV-12 at Cable Airport. (KCCB) Unfortunately I do not have any contact info for him. I know his hangar is on the South East side of the airport. Will not be at CCB till Tuesday or Wednesday to get more info.

I'm building a -12 at Chino and I can put you in touch with Hans. There's also a flying -12 based at CNO.

It's a ways away, but I just delivered my -12 to Santa Rosa last week.

Who says LSAs are not cross country machines? I flew from Lincoln to Santa Rosa, CA in one day. One of my best fights ever. :D

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Thanks for the great replies. Chino is perfect and I will try and get down there in the next week or so. When I know when I can be there I will let you all know to coordinate a meeting.

Thanks

Marc