rgmwa

Well Known Member
Hi,
First post here, and also first-time builder. Just ordered the emp, wings and fuselage kits from Vans and was wondering if there are any other RV12 builders in WA? I know there are a number in the Eastern States, but what about the west? If so, who did you use to import your kit?
Thanks in advance.
Robert

Hi Robert,

I've just imported a complete RV9a QB kit (with firewall forward and finish kit's) using Aussie car imports (ACI shipping). They do all the paperwork and put it through customs for you. Their depot in the USA is about a 1/2 hour or something up the road from Van's. They pick-up from Van's, so there is less handling, and you pick-up (or arrange for it to be picked-up) from their agents depot in Perth. In all the quotes I got they were the best price (nearly 1/2 of Van's of quote).

Here's their email address
(Phil Newell) [email protected]

Bob Dennis

Thanks Bob. I stumbled across some posts about Aussie Car Imports here on the forum a couple of days ago, and have sent them an email. Nice to get some first hand experience though. Thanks very much for the tip.
Robert

Robert
I am a very satisfied user of Aussie Car Imports and will use them again.
Phil is a one man band and you have to be patient waiting for him to reply to emails - sometimes very patient.
John

Thanks John. Sounds like ACI would be a good choice, so I'll certainly get a quote from them.
Regards
Robert