LAMPSguy

Well Known Member
I just finished my inventory and came upon a bag of rivets that looked like the dark one in my hand. The "normal" one is for comparison. Anyone know what, if anything, is wrong with this?

iolv2h.jpg

Not sure the reason for the discoloration but I have come across those in my kit. It has been my experience that those darker rivets set just like the lighter ones. :D

Anodization (*Edit* Oops, Alodine for non suffixed rivets) spec is loose enough to allow wide color range.

You should find that you have enough rivets to build a couple of planes. If I didn't like the looks of a rivet, for any reason..even my mood :D, it got flung.

Last edited:
The gold one looks like alodine. If so, they both may be alodined; you can get alodine in clear and various tints. FWIW, my kit (started in 2002) had almost all its rivets in the gold tint.

Charlie

Only one like it

That dark rivet was the only type that color. All rivets included with the wings were the lighter gold color. The dark one is a 426AD4-4 and the whole bag was like that.

That dark rivet was the only type that color. All rivets included with the wings were the lighter gold color. The dark one is a 426AD4-4 and the whole bag was like that.

Does it clean up with acetone or similar?