RVRC

Well Known Member
I am debating on this strobe package and would like a PIREP from any users that have used the full package: wing nav/strobe, tail and PS. The only thing I can find searching here is people using the tail/strobe. I am also looking for PIREPS on the AeroLEDs that VAN'S now sells.

TRI3-RV Kit #2

Kit #2 is a set of special heads. They are STROBE and RED / GREEN Position light equipped heads WITHOUT the white LEDs, a 3 strobe driver box, that fires both wing strobes in an alternating double wink pattern and a third STROBE and LED equipped round tail light for mounting at the rear of the aircraft. The tail strobe fires in sync with each wing. Also, included is 75 feet of 5 conductor shielded wire, plugs, pins and mounting hardware. Total power draw for this system is about 4 Amps at 14 volts.

Thanks,

Strobes

Got a full set on the RV-10 which is almost ready to fly. Good product,works great on the ground so far! Hangarmate has them on his RV-10 also.

Thanks Vern. Got any photos of them installed? Congrats on getting Tom checked out in his 7A. Maybe now I can finish my 7 before he finishes his 4! :D He will spend more time flyin'!!

I am debating on this strobe package and would like a PIREP from any users that have used the full package: wing nav/strobe, tail and PS. The only thing I can find searching here is people using the tail/strobe. I am also looking for PIREPS on the AeroLEDs that VAN'S now sells.

You may want to read this thread.

I personally like the AeroLEDs. I wish they were a little less expensive. At least Van's price is a little less than the retail price for AeroLEDs.

thanks Bob

I had read that thread, but reread it. Good info. I am leaning toward the AeroLEDs, but would like to save $500 as I am unemployed.:eek: The AeroLEDs look really nice and from what I read, would be a superior product. However, IF the others will do the job, then I may have to take them.
What did you use on the wings tips?

Kuntzleman LEDs

Robert, so what happened? Did you buy the Kuntzleman LEDs and if so are they working okay. I'd also like to use LEDs on my 7A, and I don't need to meet TSO reqmts and I don't want to spend $1000 bucks.

Any other pireps on these lower priced LEDs are appreciated.

thanks

Going AeroLEDS

Steve, I have decided to go with the AeroLEDs. I am still a long way from flying, but have started my wiring and schematics. I can't afford any of the lights at this time, (unemployed corp. pilot for 10 months) but can afford the wire. Hopefully by the time I NEED the lights I can afford them. The AeroLEDs are slightly more in cost, but not only are they, IMHO, the best, they are really cool looking. I have already pulled the wires for them and moved forward. Can't go wrong. I was going to ground them locally, but all of their info says run twisted pair to make sure there is no RFI. Done. I also looked at the fact that Van's has started selling them and I don't think they would have if they weren't top notch! I am sure a lot of people contact Van's about selling their goods, but you only see the best on Van's site. Also talked with some vendors that sell other supplies and they had good things to say about these. I hope this helps.