pilot2512

Well Known Member
Any body install the Beringer main wheels/brakes and fuse kit with the master cylinders? Worth the money? And what did you delete from the finishing kit?

I have the nose wheel installed. Haven't flown it but those reports are all good. From an install standpoint it's worth it. No assembly required (as opposed to kit wheels). It literally bolts in place. Even comes with air in it! Delete the wheel, tube and tire from finish kit.

Beringer

Any body install the Beringer main wheels/brakes and fuse kit with the master cylinders? Worth the money? And what did you delete from the finishing kit?

I can't answer the first but I knew from the start I was not using the Vans supplied parts so I deleted the master cylinders from the fuse kit and plan to delete the wheels, tires and brakes from the finish kit. I can comment on the quality. The parts look like artwork. Tires are even inflated to the exact psi. Worth the money would be subjective. With the 30% first time builder discount, I felt it was.

Beringer Chapter discount

30% discount? Where?;)

One discount to a EAA chapter,first come first serve. It's on a whole package.With the discount anywhere from $3500 to $2500 for racing bike brakes is a chunk of change.Beautiful stuff I concur,but for that kind of cheese you could just slow down in the pattern and baby what you got.Now if I build a 14.......

Anyone know the price reduction from deleting the brake related items from the fuse kit and the brake/wheel related items from the finish kit?

It would be nice to know just what the costs are to help others in making a similar purchase.

Inquiring minds want to know... ;)

I don't have my order printout in front of me here at work. But the fuse deletion credits were comparatively minimal, as it is with most things that you "upgrade" with 3rd party components.

Thanks Scott.

Assuming "List" pricing and dual brakes, I see the fuselage kit dropping the following, give or take some fittings and al tubing if building an "A":

Desc Part# Price Qty Item Total
Master Cylinder BRAKE MAST.CYL.LEFT-1 $98.00 2 $196.00
Master Cylinder BRAKE MAST.CYL.RGHT-1 $98.00 2 $196.00
Brake Line VA-118-1 $18.50 2 $37.00
Brake Resevoir VA-107 $39.00 1 $39.00
Firewall Tee F 271-N-04X02 $3.95 1 $3.95
Plastic Brake Line PT-062X1/4X15' $16.00 1 $16.00
Elbows F 69-F-04X02 $3.20 6 $19.20
AN Elbows AN822-4D $6.36 2 $12.72

Total: $519.87

The Beringer Basic kit appears to be 3X+ the cost for the fuselage parts assuming current list prices.

This of course does not include the parking brake valve. That's another $400.00 or so by itself.

I may attempt to figure out the finish kit difference later.

Vans deleations

When Vans deletes items,its at there cost not ours,your almost always better off reselling unused parts here or on ebay. I like the Beringer system who wouldn't,with the chapter discount (30% off a complete system,one to the first chapter member to order&pay and only one discount per chapter.This was in January) brings the price down to the cost of a FP Prop.A full Anti-Splat mod,the brace, the wheel bearing conversion balancing&truing the nose wheel an adding the nose skid and taper pin or close tolerance bolt around 1/3 of that.