Hi, I have an -8A that I need upholstry for and was considering the kit from Classic Aero. What do you think of the quality from them or do you have any other suggestions? Looking to go with leather seats. :cool:

Excellent. First-rate product from first-rate company. Definitely not the least expensive, but you get frame, foam, stick boots, arm rests, booster wedges, etc. + beautiful leather + superb workmanship.

My ENTIRE set weighed in less than 30lbs, which is not bad for a full leather interior. Fit was perfect. There are lighter (and less expensive) ways to go, but if you plan to fly long distances as I do, the few extra lbs are more than worth it for the comfort IMO.

I checked all the vendors. Many are very good w/better prices for all tastes & budgets. I was sold on CA when I saw (and sat in) a set in an -8 at a fly-in. Something about the package clicked with me.

Can't recommend them highly enough. Luke (owner) is super to work with. Be prepared for 3-4 month wait.

Last edited:
I have the 2 color leather seats in my 7A. They fit perfectly including the boosters & stick boots. I like the way the seat forward edges are raised, rounded & firm. Over time, other seats I've seen appear to flatten out at that spot.The boosters come in 2 parts which may be used together or separately. They're made with contour foam and have velcro strips pre-installed to aid in the setup process.
First class company.

Last edited:
I agree with the other posters. I have the leather in my RV8..they fit well and are comfortable.
The only issue I have run into is that it is difficult to get the crotch straps through the slots in the seat bottoms. I have to put the straps through the seats from the top and then bolt the crotch strap to the bracket on the fuse floor. The same with the belts on the front seat back, since they go through slots in the seat back. This may be the same with the other types, I don't know.
But, I really like them!

Yes

Mornin' all,
We have Classic Aero's complete interior package and get great compliments wherever we go! You can't go wrong and yes, Luke is a super guy to do business with. After all is said and done, with so much blood, sweat and tears involved, the interior is the LAST place you'd want to scimp on, :)

Thanks all!

Thanks for all the great advice! I will be ordering from Luke as soon as I get the seat belt issue worked out. I want to be able to take the seat back out for the parachute and sf3543 pointed out the dificulty getting the belt bucle throught he seat. I talked to Luke and he suggest the Hooker sport harness which has a small buckle that will fit through the cusion. I think Hooder is the way to go anyway. A good harness will save your life! A friend of mine learned that leson when he crashed his Swift.

Fly Safe!