smoke

Has anyone heard if Lowrance will be adding any type of WX display to their existing line of gps units? or a new unit. There were several rumors flying around prior to Oshkosh. I would have thought that if the rumors were true that they would have announced it there.

Lowrance WX

I tried emailing Lowrance Customer Service as I am more than ready to get XM weather. I had heard the same rumors as early as last year right after Airventure 2006.
Well, I contacted them on Friday, July 27, and have not heard anything yet.

I plan to call their tech support line this morning and will post what they tell me, if I can get through to them.

I talked to them about this subject at OSH and was told that it will probably entail a new addition to their product line. In other words, it will not be simply a programing update.

I also heard that collision avoidance will also be a feature. Sounds like next year's Oshkosh big splash for them.

painless said:
I talked to them about this subject at OSH and was told that it will probably entail a new addition to their product line. In other words, it will not be simply a programing update.

I also heard that collision avoidance will also be a feature. Sounds like next year's Oshkosh big splash for them.

I talked to them at Oshkosh about this, too...they indicated that it wouldn't happen until "after" late this year, which I took to mean "next year". :rolleyes:

I talked to them at Arlington. Said there was a new unit in the works; would cost more like the Avmap unit and I unfortunately I dont' remember about the WX, but believe it would have weather but I don't remember for sure. It was not my major concern. Seems like with that large a price jump it should have it. I'll see if I have Grant's card (the salesman); he was the guy who told me about it.

At SnF I spoke to Darrel Lowrance, the founder and just retired CEO.

He said to expect an XM product, and I had the impression that it would be introduced next year.