David Clifford

Well Known Member
I have been looking for a little bit now and can not seem to come up with a source for an overhaul DVD or video of the Lyc IO-540. The closest I can find is for the IO-360. Anyone know of a source for the IO-540 or will the IO-360 one do? Other than 2 more cylinders I don't think the innards are going to be much different. Also a question for the experts out there. My engine had a mild prop strike and the crank flange dials .008". Am I going to be able to have this crank overhauled provided everything else is OK or does the runout automatically trash it? The Lyc serviceable limits in the manual give a .005 limit. I am just wondering if the crank can be brought back into limits by overhaul/machining or is .008 going to be OK? And unfortunately, the crank for this engine does not fall under Lycomings SB569A for the $2000 replacement. The engine serial number falls under the SB, but the crank # does not. The engines here in the shop and I am a ways off from needing it, but I am just trying to form a plan to get things going on it. Thanks for any help folks!

David,

There is not a DVD for the IO-540, only the IO-360 at this point. To answer your next question. If your engine s/n falls in the SB569 then you are affected and can get the crankshaft kit if the crank is the same one that was in the engine when it left the factory. Call Michelle at 570.327.7037 if you have any questions about it. :) The crankshaft specific s/n's were for spares shipped seperate from the engine. Let me know if you have any further questions.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the source for the IO-360 DVD? I would like to get it.
Thanks.

They also rent the overhaul DVDs (O-200, O-320,O-360, and IO-360) at avnac.com for about $9.99. Good deal if you just want to try the videos out.