Noah

Well Known Member
Anybody been following the Trutrak EFIS SG? I missed OSH this year but saw it at Sun N Fun, and waited for a product announcement during OSH (i.e. units shipping and price) but it never came. Nobody even posted about it. Is anybody thinking about one of these units? Since it INCLUDES a TT autopilot, I would think there would be more interest / discussion. I know at one point they had round dials that many people didn't like, but I think the most recent version is configurable with either vertical tapes or round analog looking dials for Alt & AS.

I emailed Trutrak to get the skinny and this is Andrew Barker's reply:
"We are still working on the EFIS, and it should be shipping before the end of the year. We are looking at somewhere around $4000 at this point. Thanks for your interest in the EFIS SG!

Andrew Barker
General Manager
TruTrak Flight Systems
"You build it...We fly it!"
Toll Free: 866-TRUTRAK
www.trutrakap.com

What am I missing - why don't people seem to be considering this unit?

Highest Regards,

Noah Forden
RV-7A Finishing
Rhode Island

Last I talked to them (at SnF) they said it did not "include" autopilot (not for 4k)... in the sense that you'd pay about 8 grand for an EFIS with 2-axis autopilot.. (4k for efis + whatever autopilot costs which is just about another 4k).

Interesting, this is not what I was told. The gentleman there (not Younkin) told me that it would include an AP. When I asked which features, or which model I could compare the embedded autopilot to he said that it would be something in the middle of the range of their capabilities. (Click on autopilot features at):
http://trutrakflightsystems.com/autopilot_info.htm

Anybody else care to weigh in on this?

Highest Regards,

Noah

Aircraft Spruce is listing the TruTrak EFIS in three versions. Price ranges from $1250 w/o GPS to $3750 for the TruTrak EFIS SG - all with January 2008 delivery.

There is confusion on the A/C Spruce website. Under the EFIS listing they show the ADI price of $1250 w/o GPS, $1,400 w/GPS and $3,750 for the EFIS.

It appears the the ADI prices listed should not have been on the page with the EFIS and are unrelated to the EFIS.

RScott
RV-9A Wings

I just read the TruTrak website and when the paragraph labeled "Beyond flyability is ease if operation." mentions an "optional" built in auto-pilot.

It will be interesting to see how the analog read outs scroll. I'm guessing the needle stays horizontal while the gage rolls. It might take a little getting used to.

I'd also like to see an angle of attack indicator added.

Frank