Sticky1

Well Known Member
I have dual batteries that they cannot be selected separately on the buss. I am going to rewire so I can put both on the buss at the same time for charging or in case of emergencies. The only problem I see is that is if one battery is seriously down by putting it on the buss in flight the alt. might not be able to keep up. Also the dip in voltage might down the instruments.....

???

I have two 680's that I control with a master relay for each one. I can use both batteries together or independently. They feed the powergrid so if needed, I can drop one battery off the grid and save it should the alternator fall off line. The AFS 3500's each have their own back up battery that will last about an hour, with a full batttery held in reserve there should'nt be an issue finding a divert airport while maintaining enough power to keep all the systems alive. I'll swap one battery out at each annual.

Normal use will be both batteries in use and charging, in the event of a failure I'll shut one down. The 680's have plenty of AMPS to run my avionics until I get back down. I have two mags so I don't have to worry about an ignition.

I have two 680's that I control with a master relay for each one. I can use both batteries together or independently. They feed the powergrid so if needed, I can drop one battery off the grid and save it should the alternator fall off line. The AFS 3500's each have their own back up battery that will last about an hour, with a full batttery held in reserve there should'nt be an issue finding a divert airport while maintaining enough power to keep all the systems alive. I'll swap one battery out at each annual.

Normal use will be both batteries in use and charging, in the event of a failure I'll shut one down. The 680's have plenty of AMPS to run my avionics until I get back down. I have two mags so I don't have to worry about an ignition.

Yep, confirms my thoughts........

Ted,

Nice diagram, Looks way better than mine which is on a paper towel for now:D I'll make it pretty for the aircraft manual.

Ted,

Nice diagram, Looks way better than mine which is on a paper towel.;)

I'll make it pretty for the aircraft manual.

Ted,

Nice diagram, Looks way better than mine which is on a paper towel.;)

I'll make it pretty for the aircraft manual.