turbo

Well Known Member
img1343to.jpg

i have been using this box for years now. served me well but time for something new in 2013. any ideas? :(:)

Looks to be in good shape to me, or are you just tired of it???

Maybe a new box from one of your Christmas presents???

What?
That looks just like mine!
I've been 'thinking' about making one from wood with holes drilled in it.
Maybe add a handle made of flat stock.
Those pre-made Aircraft Spark Plug Holders are sooo Passe. :p

How we did it

One of your Sqdn members had a brain flash and drilled the correct number of holes (14) in a worn out 500-5 tire & used a marking pen to write the numbers. Piece o cake, and it will never wear out. Should be enough space to drill 8 holes & mark 'em top & bottom for any 4 cyl users, or 12 for the 540 folks.

You might ask why we need 14 holes? That will hold either the front or back plugs in the 1700HP R-2600s on the B25....

Carry on!
Mark
www.devildogsquadron.com

Suffering a little "sticker shock" here. I have been using a plug tray from Champion for many years. Too many holes, but hey, I used to own a 182 and a Baron. Glad I looked at today's price before suggesting anything... $52.29 (plus shipping, of course.) A little time with a piece of scrap and a drill press looks like a real good plan!

John Clark ATP, CFI
FAAST Team Representative
EAA Flight Advisor
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

Wooden Spark Plug Holder

Turbo, here's my spark plug holder that has served me well for over 12 years. Building our RV-6A for nearly five years gave me the confidence to take on this project as I had no previous woodworking skills...probably should have did a better job countersinking :D Rosie

Spark_plug_holder.jpg

A friend made this for me over 10-years ago.

Loop Velcro is in he holes and it holds the spark plug perfect.

C7DE0BB1-17AE-4923-83C1-1ED90F26B0DA-790-0000004A4E7AA18A.jpg

Yes it is a 2 X 4 that has been finished with varnish.

Simple and cheap

He is my spin on this. What's nice about this is that the container also holds some of the tools that you need to mess with the spark plugs.

Spark-Plug-Holder-A.jpg

Simple and inexpensive.

Larry G hit it perfectly!
You obviously need a new box, that one IS worn out!
Buy some aircraft parts so you can get a new box with the appropriate aviation vendor logo.

Vster, i believe so. takes a genius to figure that one out. works like a charm and cradles them plugs like a baby. two pieces glued together. :p

waaaaaaaaaait a minit!

....ok, so don't you guys have a fresh set of cleaned & gapped plugs that you just swap in?:D ( no, me neither!)
I couldn't see Paul's pic, but hey, one of those $10 plastic toolboxes would be perfect.
....drill holes in the lid, so it holds plugs open or closed, and your ratchet, socket, washers & anti-seize etc. are all inside...... in the tray!.
(and of course, your fresh set of plugs are in the bottom !?!?:rolleyes:)