Rosie

Well Known Member
Looks like I may overnight here enroute to OSH... suggestions appreciated for any BBQ nearby or even a nearby airport :) Rosie

K81

K81 (Miami County) is about 60 south. They have BBQ on the field. K81 has served a lot of $100.00 BBQ sandwiches and breakfasts over the years.

I can swing you a vehicle and room at the house if you drop by OWI, we do have a pretty decent BBQ Restaurant offering some unique food in town. Easy Peasy!

Miami County is great but I am not sure of any places to stay close by. There might be.

Midwest National (KGPH) in Mosby (outside of Liberty/Excelsior Springs, MO) has a barbecue place a few miles away in an old train station-Wabash Barbecue-that is really good. They have a courtesy car and a deal on a Sleep Inn ($50 IIRC). Depending on when you come through, I may be able to help you out, as well.

Safe travels.
John
RV-8

We-B Smokin'

Thank you all for the suggestion to stop (and end our 8-hour flying day) at Miami County Airport (K81) just south of Kansas City! We had a GREAT BBQ meal and are now settled in at the Paola Inn for the night :) Rosie, Tuppergal, Sunblock and Rod

WeB_Smokin01.jpg

WeB_Smokin02.jpg

WeB_Smokin03.jpg

Last edited:
Great to hear, give us all a heads up if you swing by on the way home!

You got it! Rosie

Last edited by a moderator: