rvmills

Well Known Member
Have any of you used, or anyone know of any programs (other than CAD programs) that can be used to generate electrical system schematics. As I work a panel upgrade, I'd like to put a professional looking one together for posterity (and future troubleshooting ;)).

After spending some time last night hand drawing a basic one, I thought perhaps there is a program out there that a non-CAD smart, and non-EE knucklehead might be able use to make a nice schematic with (MS Schemata-draw?) :)

Any tips, leads or experience with this is very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Bob Mills
"Rocket" RV-6
N600SS
4SD

MS Visio has been used to make pretty drawings. There are other sketch programs as well, some freeware too.

There is a fair bit of investment in making symbols if you want the schematic to have a "standard" look to it. Perhaps someone has canned symbols available for Visio, I wouldn't know.

The symbol issue is one reason to use a real schematic capture application, although they are a bit of a pain to learn. There are a few freeware / shareware apps. out there. And of course, they don't come with every symbol you need, so there's still investment in library symbols to be made.

Thanks!!

Great stuff guys! Didn't find this on my search, but it sure hits the nail on the head. Now to get busy!!

Thanks again!
Bob