captainron

Well Known Member
I'm flying into SRQ tomorrow afternoon and out again on Sunday morning. It's either sit in a hotel and watch TV, or help buck some rivets for an RV builder. I'll be staying at a hotel near the airport. Any takers? Are there any RV's flying at SRQ?

I'm not a builder, but I did stay at a holiday inn last night. Just kidding. I keep my RV7a in SRQ. There are at least two RV builders near my hangar, which is by the base of the tower, near Jones FBO. One is just getting started, the other had his first flight a couple of weeks ago. If you can get on the field, just drop by and see who's around. There's at least one other interesting project, a Lancair that's a couple years away from completion. You can pm me and I'll send my phone number. I might be hanging around.

Last edited:
Ron,
Lot's of RV's in the Sarasota area. I list about 10 flying or under construction by Chapter 180 members. I'm down in Venice and we've got a quite a few here too.

Jim E. has a gorgeous polished super 9 in a hangar at SRQ. Frank's got a Lancair IV propjet project going. Earl just flew his 8. Blaise has an 8. Dean has a 6A. Lou's got a 6. Vance has a 9A. Martin just started an 8. etc.

http://www.eaa180.org/

Weather is superb right now. Enjoy.

Not to hijack the thread, but what on earth do I have to do to get one of you SRQ area builders to swing up to KPIE, KCLW or X39 to take me for a spin? Dinner and drinks? Women? ;)

Mike

Sarasota area

There's also a builder of a flying 9A that lives on Longboat Key ... I don't know if he liveries at SRQ or another local airport. If you give me 3 weeks, I'll recall his name. :D

Terry is probably thinking of me. At least I think I'm the only one on Longboat Key with a 9A. I'm at SRQ nearly every day. Always happy to show someone around...Send me PM for cell phone number.

Yep, Jim, I was. Sorry about that, but I was playing VAF hooky at work and didn't have my Vans brain working straight. :eek: Simply couldn't recall your name quick like.

Terry