trib

Well Known Member
I'm getting ready to head to Atlanta for the weekend of 3/12. Does anyone have input on which local airport is convienent and friendly to RV's? Coming from Va. Beach and staying 2 days.

thanks for the input

KFFC is great, I don't know how close to down town it is driving wise but there are a ton of RVs on the field. Also KPDK is quite a bit busier but it's closer to downtown I believe.
All the Best

The last time I went, I flew into PDK and stayed with Epps. Homebuilt friendly and convienient to downtown and Stone Mountain area. KLZU is out east a ways but has a EAA Chapter on field.

Brown field

I used to fly out of Brown Field in Fulton County (KFTY) I had a nice lounge and stuff. RYY in Cobb county was also a nice airport here. If you want to be closer in the PDK is the best option.

Let us know what area of Atlanta you will be in..

Narrowing it down is important in Atlanta. Like Los Angeles, "Atlanta" actually stretches nearly 100 miles in diameter. Depending on where you want to end up, it could be a 2 hour drive to another part of the metro area. There are good airports in each sector.

I live and work in the NW metro sector. I have a meeting tomorrow on the NE side and am FLYING there to avoid the 4 PM drive back across. It's a 10 min flight and a 2+ hour drive in bumper to bumper traffic.

Looks like I need to get some more info and get back to you guys as I'm not sure where in Atlanta I'm going. I'm flying my daughter in for an interview as she's a semi-finalist in the America's Next Top Model competion to see if she is put on the show. Not sure where we're going yet, other than Atlanta. Will also need a rental car, and maybe a recommendation on where to stay.