Gash

Well Known Member
I just got my repaired exhaust back from Allan at Antisplat Aero. Background: 4 days ago I discovered that my crank case vacuum valve fitting had cracked completely off of the exhause pipe. Please click here to see the original thread.

Here are my observations.

1. The original cracked weld wasn't Antisplat Aero's fault--it was my original welder's mistake that caused the problem. Although the original weld looked nice, it was done too hot which caused weakness in the metal. Despite this, Allan offered to repair it at no cost. I am very happy with his kindness and customer service.

2. The new welding looks beautiful and I'm sure it will outlast the airplane. Allan shortened the length of the weld-in tube since it doesn't need to be so long (too much length amplifies vibration effects, of course). He also welded on a couple of gussets which look nice and sturdy. I spoke with Allan on the phone today, and he explained that *this* is the right way to do it. See the photos below for the "approved solution" on how the installation should look.

3. Finally, I tried to order one of their axle wrenches earlier this week to put in with the return shipment, but they wouldn't let me pay for it! Yep, Allan threw in one of his wrenches for free. Wow!

Thank you Allan and James for the excellent repair, quick turnaround, customer service and generosity. I am a loyal customer for life! Now I'm looking forward to the RV-8 gust lock--that will be my next purchase.

IMG_0002_zps4e19bcc3.jpg

IMG_0005_zpsace1dc1b.jpg

Last edited:
AntiSplat is First Class

Allan is a great guy to work with and he makes 1st class products. I have his air/oil separator with check valve, AntiSplat nose job, skid plate and nose wheel bearing upgrade. I'm well pleased with it all and especially with Allan himself.
Danny
RV-7A

Ditto on everything Danny said.

But, if all it takes to get a free prop wrench is to break off the oil separator tube........ what did I do with my hammer....
;):D